Seafood gumbo recipes can vary depending on the type of seafood that you prefer. There are difference variations depending if the recipe is a creole or cajun gumbo. Below are some different variations of the Louisiana recipe:
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 T. Parsley
1 large bell peppers, chopped
1 can peeled tomatoes
2 T. olive oil
1 large bag frozen okra
4 bay leaves
1 T. liquid crab boil
6 whole cleaned gumbo crabs
2 lbs. peeled shrimp
1 lb. Louisiana Lump Crabmeat
2 dozen Louisiana oysters
1. Saute' onion, garlic, parsley, bell pepper, toamtoes, and olive oil till softens.
2. Add frozen okra, brown till okra looses slime.
3. Add 2 tea pots of water, bay leaves, liquid crab boil, salt and pepper.
4. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low.
5. Simmer mixture for 2 hours.
6. Add crabs, shrimp, crab meat and oysters
7. Simmer on low for about another 2 hours.
8. Pour over rice and enjoy.
Please give us your favorite seafood gumbo recipe
Try an etouffee recipe.