Shrimp Fettuccine is a pasta dish made from fettuccine pasta tossed with jalapeno cheese and butter. As the cheese melts, it emulsifies the liquids to form a smooth and rich coating on the pasta. The dish has become very popular in Louisiana. It is the Italian version of fecttuccine alfredo. Below is a family recipe for shrimp fettuccine:
3 sticks butter
3 medium onions, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped
1/2 cup flour
4 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
3 lbs. Louisiana shrimp peeled
3 cups half and half
1 lb. Velveeta Jalapeno cheese
3 cloves garli, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. fettuccine, cooked and drained
1. Melt butter in heavy saucepan, saute' onions, celery, and pepper, add flour to thicken, stir and cook 15 minutes.
2. Add parsley and shrimp, cook 15 minutes, stirring gently.
3. Add half and half, cheeses and garlic, blend well.
4. Season with salt and pepper and cook 20 minutes.
5. Add cooked noodles and gently toss.
6. Put in pan, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake.
Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine
1 package (9-ounce size) Fettuccine
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can (14.5-ounce size)chicken broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled , deveined
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet.
2. Add onion, and garlic; cook until onion is tender.
3. Add chicken broth and cornstarch; mix until smooth. cook until sauce is thickened and translucent.
4. Add shrimp, parsley and lemon juice; cook until shrimp turns pink.
5.Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with the shrimp mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Best Ingredients for Shrimp Fettuccine